14 October 2008

26

i saw you in my dream again last night.
what are the chances?
we spent what felt like days hiking up the fuji,
and pretended we were lost in the forests,
and drank the fog and mist.

and how strange is it,
that in my dream, at 6:50am (i looked at the watch on my wrist seconds before)
you whispered "look at the sky",
and at 6:50am (i checked at my alarm clock soon after),
i woke up suddenly with a jerk.

the sky, like spilled water colours, was dyed with a light bar of pink and purple.
it was so beautiful i could cry.
but my eyes were dry,
and my body was hot but all of a sudden i felt so cold.
there was nothing else to do but crawl back under my blanket.



i don't recall a second dream, but i am certain i fell asleep again.
all i remember was the wind coming through my window,
caressing my face,
begging me to get some rest.

No comments: