04 February 2009

150: for the night

and then night came!
how i love the night...
clouds block the dark sky that never reveals its stars.
but look, i can see city windows turning into them,
brightening up my secretly bitter world.
and when i take my glasses off, my vision blurs
and blurs
and b l u r s into a beauty i can't explain to anyone else.

these moving orbs of light on the roads are mine,
the teethless people walking past me,
and the fuzzy smoke in my face from a companion's cigarette.
all of this is beautiful and mine.

yes yes yes, this is the night!
this is the same night those years slip away from the breath of old, shrinking women in their gentle sleep,
the same night and same sleep of birds, of critters, of ships,
and this is when i am dreaming
it is also when i am most alive.

No comments: