05 March 2009

180

i say, isn't it sad when people pass away?
why do you hide it, when you are not well,
why do you hide the feeling of life creeping away from you?
your young, swollen bodies, falling like autumn leaves. i don't want to see it.
and i don't want to see death pressing against your bodies like keys of a piano,
a, b, c, d, e, f, g and all those in between.

in the end, we all die of course, but the difference is i get to see those beautiful haunting lines form in the corners of my eyes, and on my forehead,
and i get to watch my hair turn silver, grey, white
and you were not well.

but i say you are alive, even in the faintest memories of us,
and you are alive when the snow melts into rain into my hair, in a midnight whisper from my lover,

when the fireworks go off this year, i'll be smiling for the both of you.

No comments: