17 March 2009

193

i've done a good deal of missing lately.

i miss so many people,
people i would have never admitted i miss,
but where has the sound of their breaths gone?
underneath books that have become dusty and pages crusty? and?
i miss my tall boys and my busty girls, my twee girls and my free girls,
running on beaches, pouring cups of herbal tea on raw feet, puff stung by bees,

and i miss the summer time, accidental rainbows under sprinklers,
dogs running wild chasing cats never scared to bite their tongue.
i miss that sunshine and rainshine and that pretty design
underneath familiar eyelids like bloodveins and riverveins and grindgrind grinding that sweet candy between my teeth.
and do you know that smell? do you know what i'm talking about?
that smell of the calm sitting water next to home, drifting through open cracks on my walls and through the window,
helping bugs find their way to the light
in my stomach
because in the summer time i swallow suns.

No comments: