25 March 2009

202


Get a playlist! Standalone player


the sky weeped and yelled out profanities in hard white rocks
that hit umbrellas, pedestrians on the sidewalk
and my window too. it was a drum beat and matched my anxious heart.

but the rain that came along with it was soft and gentle,
and i pushed my arm outside my window, so desperately trying to feel it.
and then it came, each drop was like a tiny gift in my palm, reminding me of that rainy evening in seattle,
across the street from that tiny cafe with empty chairs, near the harbour
i saw you for the first time then behind two deep blue eyes that sat so pretty,
and that's where i had left my fingerprints and blinks for you to find.

then today i missed you and woke up suddenly, this rain praying to death.
i want to say goodbye to lonesome, hello to the air, no sun, no moon,
sing a bird song for the tiny balloons that grab on my wrists and lift me up up up
into the sky and let go suddenly, so i can dive into the deep blue sea.

2 comments:

danny said...

this is a great song, and you captured it perfectly
i really like this :]

Gloria said...

thank you!