05 April 2009

215


in a dream i was alone, bathing in the sun on a hot august night
my tiny room, staring at the ceiling.
there were such big holes in my walls and so many bugs, sound of girls laughing through them,
and there were vines downstairs that move like waves in the wind, billions and billions of leaves.
hours later i saw these hungry plants spiral and curl and climb up the walls of my apartment,
tied me down, creep into all the pores in my body,
sucking me dry of all my water and flesh until i was a piece of metallic skin draped over an unmade bed.
i did not struggle. inside my room, it became winter.
and i was so scared, couldn't scream, and there was so much snow falling to the earth and realized i had forgotten what it felt like to be alive.

suddenly there was a flash and my dreams, they melted into memories.

No comments: