09 October 2008

21

these days i've been losing weight again;
my body is shrinking like a person would with old age.
i can feel my skin tightening around what little muscle i have,
wrapping strong around my bones,
pushing my ribs out for everyone to see.

i cannot fill my empty stomach, because it is not empty to me.
my organs are bloated,
they feel artificial inside me.
they must be an illusion; like purple gas in the shape of little girl parts, cultivating inside the envelope that is my frame...
again, wrapped tightly like a present,
tight skin, weak bones.

"i'm so sorry."

but i can fill my white empty walls,
and i have, with such beautiful artwork.

i just wanted you to know...
it was such a surprise waking up this morning,
my ribs stabbing into me,
the sun in my eyes,
and innocent japanese being eaten alive by a wave.

No comments: