29 October 2008

43

rip my eyes out again.

you finally understand now?
what you want will come much too soon,
are you sure you'll be ready?
if you blink you'll miss it.

then again, it doesn't matter if you understand.
the world will turn without you,
the crane outside my window will keep rotating at 3km per hour,
trees will fall,
the ground will crack,
and like ghosts they'll wrap their arms around you.

are you sure you'll be ready?
this embrace, (i know it well), is too tight to make you warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria, your writing style is beautiful. I couldn't stop reading and then I realised I read everything and there wasn't anything more to read.

You use so much colour and expression, it amazes me. And you're only 17 which makes this even more precious.

It was so easy to relate to everything you've written about and I can't wait to read your next blog post.

Gloria said...

thank you. i really, really appreciate it.