30 October 2008

44

it's so windy out that my crane is waving back and forth
dangerously above a thousand pedestrians,
and 20 parked cars, waiting at the red light.

all these people,
with every step they pluck my veins full of regret.
they remind me of all the books i haven't read,
all the knowledge i wish i could already possess.
like i've said before, i'm so young
but also so old.

how many times have i walked down this street?
how many times have i breathed this tight air through my mouth?

365 by 17...18...19.........45.

there are so many things i want:
when i wake up, for you here instead of there,
when i'm aged, to be successful,
when i walk, to be safe and aware, from cranes a billion feet above my head.

i never thought i'd say this but
i'm getting tired of this view.

really? 365 by 17?
dear friend, it's been too long since i've counted my pathetic age in my head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,

I know it feels like time's running out and there's nothing you can do about it. Truth is, you're doing everything you possibly can. Don't doubt.

Age is just a number and every day, every minute of every second you are going to get older. The only thing I could suggest is to appreciate what you're doing right now with your life.
You've already acknowledged and appreciate everyone in your life, it's just you that needs focusing.

You truly are something else and I'm blessed to have stumbled on your blog at this time.

Gloria said...

aging has always been a great fear of mine. i try my best, but sometimes it's so overwhelming.

i appreciate your viewing of my blog, and your comments.

thanks again, and enjoy reading in the future. i try to update every single day.

cheers,
gloria. :)

Anonymous said...

*Hug*

Know what you mean :)